Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gratitude

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. Persian Proverb

The older I get the more I feel that life moves in cycles. Or maybe in plateaus and steep climbs. We move along comfortably and then when face something that makes us climb, that pushes us forward, sometimes painfully. Too often I do my climbing begrudgingly--looking back at the smooth ground with longing, not convinced that the view from above will be worth it. But there are other times when a loving God gives me a peak at what he sees, to cheer me on. To help me feel how blessed I am. To teach me that slow climbing is still climbing. To open my eyes to the view below and above.

The stars in our lives are ever-present. Sometimes we just need more darkness to see them.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I think sometimes we receive things in our lives when we need them most...I was looking at the pictures of your new remodel, and scanned down to read about "Gratitude". It was wonderful, just what I needed, I'm sending it on to Kiele to help her right now! It was beautifully written! Just what I needed to hear!