Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our little laundry



I never thought I'd own a laundromat. But now I do, although a very small one. In addition to the old ones that came with the property, we have two brand new dryers and a sparkly new washer. Between the cost of the new machines, the plumber to update the drains and the electrician to put in new outlets, our little laundry cost us more than the down payment on our little red house in Provo--times two. They are set at $1.25 a wash and $.75 a dry. I figure that once energy, water and depreciation are taken into account, and assuming that our renters will wash and dry an average of four loads each every week, they should pay for themselves in less than ten years. It is reassuring that the old washer is from the seventies and still going strong and it is nice to be able to do two loads at once.

No comments: