Tuesday, March 17, 2009

#17. Spend money where you really want it.

Spending money is good, when it's on something you really value. The problem is spending money you don't have or spending it on things that don't really matter. Case in point: Spending money on fast food (does anyone think its that good? But we still buy it). I'd rather save up and eat somewhere I really like--even if it's not fancy. Just good. I'd also rather have one really nice pair of shoes than four crappy pairs. Sometimes the vacation spot is more important than the place you actually stay (ie, when you go to Disney Land, Alaska, etc.) but sometimes, there is nothing in the world better than a really nice hotel (thanks Brent, every nice place I've ever stayed has been because of you).

So let's spend. But on things that are really worth it. Not on things that will be forgotten in a day.

No comments: