We've gone over a week on what we have on hand. We could go much longer if it weren't that the kids HATE powdered milk. I've tried it and they can tell the difference from the smell. I may be able to get away with it if I added lots of chocolate syrup, but I'm trying to avoid that much sugar. Now, in an emergency, they wouldn't have a choice and we could go for much longer than ten days, but right now it's not worth the battle.
Our old stand by is canned chili with crackers or chips. And rice and beans. We always have both on hand and they're both relatively healthy.
How long have you gone? Do you sneak in powdered milk? Will your kids drink it or do you cook with it? What are the meals you can always make from what's in your cupboard?
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment