Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fresh Boomunckers

You may think that I find Allie more humorous that Asher because I write so much more about her pontifications, but in reality it's because Asher's just starting to think that talking is worth his while. It's nearly impossible to catch the hilarious things he does because I don't have a camera handy and words wouldn't do justice. However, our little man is starting to get the hang of the language thing. This is when I'm super glad for those college classes that I had about early childhood language acquisition (sounds boring but super fun and I actually remember so much that it suprises me--I guess that's another arguement for why my $20,000 + college education is so valuable especially during these stay-at-home years). But I digress. Back to Asher. The biggest smiles I get everyday come from prayers and vegetables. For example:

Typical prayer in our house, doesn't matter who's saying it:
Allie: Please bless daddy.
Asher, like an echo: Daddy.
Allie: Help me to be nice:
Asher: Nice
Allie: Help us to sleep well.
Asher: Sleep...Night night. NAAYNEEE! (calling for blanket). Yeah!! Naynee! Mommy, eyes close (followed by a poke in the eye), sleep? Night? Night? (prayer giver continues on, trying to ignore pokes, distractions and general laughter that has now erupted).

Asher finds a cucumber growing in the garden: "Nana!"
Mom: Nope, it looks like one but it's a CUCUMBER. Can you say CUCUMBER?
Asher: BOOMUNCKER
Mom, laughing: Very good.

I love the little guy. And my favortie veggie right now is a boomuncker.

1 comment:

Bonny said...

I wish I'd had a blog to write the funny things my first 2 had done earlier. I love it!