Friday, August 22, 2008

Wake up call

Yesterday morning's script "Life of Mom trying to sleep"

Setting: Mom (me) snoring, drooling, etc., in the early morining hours, trying to hold on to just a few more minutes of sleep.

Little boy (Asher): Enters mom's bedroom, and encounters her asleep, foot hanging off the end of the bed. "Morning!" spoken loudly, so as to wake up little baby (Naomi)

Mom: Trys to ignore boy, pretends that no one is really awake at 6:00am.

Little boy: "crunch"--the sound of him biting the big toe of the mom with his new and very sharp teeth.

Mom: "ouch"

And so the day begins.

2 comments:

Bonny said...

I understand. I've put my kids back in bed when they get up that early. I tell them no way, I'm not up yet and neither are you.

AMS said...

that's when yoou teach them to turn on cartoons all by themselves! that stratedgy has gotten me lots of extra sleep!

is your toe ok?