Yesterday we had a breakfast picnic on the patio and Asher spilled his cold cereal. He started crying even though I was able to salvage most of it. I wasn't the least bit surprised or angry about the spill (that's actually why we have picnics, its not for the kids, but the keep the floor clean!) His crying escalated as he marched inside the house. At first I thought he was headed for his blankie (a man can really use a good blankie when he's down) but instead he went straight to the bottom step and sat down. He folded his arms and cried the saddest cry. I picked him up and hugged him, unable to convince him for some time that he really wasn't on time out and I wasn't at all upset.
Hmmm... I'm not sure what I should think about this. He feels no apparent remorse about whacking or biting his sister, but he marches himself right to timeout as soon as the cereal hits the ground. I guess you can't win them all.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so funny! Little ones have such a different sense of what's important than we do. That's cute that he took himself to timeout. My kids would save me a lot of walking if they would just take themselves to timeout.
Post a Comment