Monday, July 28, 2008

Update on the New House

1. Things are slow
2. Things are really slow
3. Because the house is in an historical district, things are really, really slow.

I figure more than 100+ hours of work have been put in on just refinishing the wood trim and molding. Thanks to everyone for the help. We hope to be in by then end of August--we'll see how fast we can kick into frantic remodeling mode to get the inside finished. It is starting to feel a bit like deja vu to me--we have now remodeled and gotten rent-ready overy 30 units in the time we've been married.

This property will be the most expensive and time comsuming yet, but it will be worth it. The location is great. I'm sure we'll be sad when we move again (which will be sooner than later with an adorable husband whose passions in life are family, rocks and real-estate!)

Let us know if you know anyone looking for a great apartment in the Capitol Hill area! We're only slightly nuerotic landlords with three super-cute kids : )

2 comments:

AMS said...

those historical remodels are buggers from everything that i've heard! but i imagine it will be worth it in the end - what a fabulous area!

Cheryl said...

Liz,
Your family is adorable! I can't believe you have got 3 little ones, last time I saw you I think you just had the one. Are you guys living up in Salt Lake now? If so we totally need to get together, we are up in Salt Lake as well, and I would love to see you and your cute little family. Let me know!