Saturday, February 7, 2009

Skepticism and the Still, Small Voice

Mom: Can you help dad at his office today?
Allie: What's the catch?


The stage--Allie always wakes up early, no matter what time she goes to bed. She always has and because of our limited number of bedrooms, it means the other kids are usually awakened way too early. One morning this week, after a 5:00am wake up call and incessant begging for a drink of milk, I asked her why she can't sleep in the mornings. A few days later she had come up with an answer.

Allie: Mom, I know why I can't sleep.
Mom: Why?
Allie: The Still, Small Voice keeps me awake.
Mom: Really? How?
Allie: It keeps me thinking about good things like waiting for spring when there are lots of butterflies.

1 comment:

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

I love that! I too dream of butterflies, but thankfully have no problem doing it while asleep.