Wednesday, November 26, 2008

For These I Am Thankful

The security blanket of Family, Friends and the LDS Church. They keep my grownup nightmares at bay and protect me from loneliness.

Health and Strength. And the will to manage myself better tomorrow than I have today.

Children. Who bulldoze my pride and build up my patience.

The quest for and love of Knowledge and Learning. An eternal investment that will keep me interesting when I'm old and forever free from boredom.

God's Creations. The world and all nature and new life. The mountains and stars remind me of how small I am while bringing me closer to My Maker.

Love. And Commitment. A marriage that brings me joy, a partner that I can trust and a boyfriend that makes me laugh.

Repentance and Forgiveness and The Great Plan of Happiness. The Atonement of Jesus Christ and His gospel which allows for hope. No matter what. In spite of the world and of me.

For these I am thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Bonny said...

Much better said than mine. I was having pregnant brain and couldn't focus.