Friday, September 26, 2008

Grandpa Hall

Upon learning my father was in the hospital:
Allie: Can I visit grandpa?
Mom: No, he's in a part of the hospital that children can't go(ICU).
Allie: Mom, I'll have to go. He just needs me to visit him.


After my father returned from a stay in the hospital:
Allie: How are you grandpa?
Grandpa Hall: I'm fine.
Allie: Then how come you move so slow?


After reading a fairy book with goblins:
Allie: Grandpa, you have a big nose, just like a goblin.
Grandpa Hall: Yup, I do.


During dinner after Grandpa gets home:
Allie: Grandpa, how come your heart has an owie?
Grandpa: It just does.
Allie: Does my heart have an owie?
Grandpa: Nope. Your heart is healthy and strong.
Mom: Keep exercising and eating healthy food and your body will stay strong for a long time.
Allie: Healthy food like the pizza and brownies we ate today?
Mom: Well....(insert discussion about sometimes foods and everyday foods)

1 comment:

Bonny said...

I love hearing your stories about your kids. Sorry about your dad. Hope he's better.