Friday, September 12, 2008

The State Fair





We headed to the State Fair again this year. We saw the Veggie Tales in Concert and cruised around looking at animals and such. Allie loved Sammie the balloon clown. Asher liked the funnel cake. We always visit my uncle Don and his Pony ring (Thanks Don for the rides!). It's crazy to think that our kids never really see animals. It is such a departure from how I grew up--horses, cows, chickens, cats, dogs, rabbits, goats, etc. I remember laughing when people who were obviously visitors to Fairview would pull out their camcorders and film a heard of sheep or cattle being herded "right on the road." I also remember my cousins not wanting to ever drink milk again after helping us milk the cows. They just thought that milk came from the store. I guess my kids will be a lot like that. Not that I want a full out farm or anything--I clearly remember what it's like. It's hard work with no vacations. But an orchard and a big garden, maybe some steers....

1 comment:

Bonny said...

I wish we could have gone to the state fair. Fun! I know what you mean about our children growing up differently. We try to always see animals when visiting grandma and grandpa.