Friday, September 5, 2008

Something to laugh at

At the last minute Duran and I decided to see a movie for his birthday. The only one showing right then was Mama Mia. Both of us had heard that it was funny, so we though, "Hey, we like ABBA, let's give it a go." We noticed right away that there were no guys there, but weren't too alarmed because, after all, it was a Thursday (not a typical date night) and it's a chick flick. Then the movie started...not only had we gone to see Mama Mia, but we had purchesed tickets to a Mama Mia SING ALONG! (The only sing-along I've ever been to is a Messiah sing-along so I never thought I might stumble upon one as a innocent movie goer). The words were at the bottom of the screen and lit up to tell you when to sing each syllable. We laughed so hard. There were all of these middle-aged women singing their hearts out and dancing, yes dancing, in the theater. We were glad we were on the back row to take it all in. We felt like we had stumbled upon some strange cult. I have never seen anything like it. It was thouroughly entertaining. I cannot remember the last time I laughed that hard. When the lights came on, groups of women stayed to sing all of the credit music and as we passed them on our way out they congratulated Duran for coming.

4 comments:

Bonny said...

That is so funny! My mom and I went recently and it was all we could do to not sing along. Should have gone there. Where was it?

Elizabeth said...

It was at the Provo Towne Centre. I don't know how often it is, but definitly worth the laugh

AMS said...

that's awesome! i didn't know the theater held sing alongs! sign me up for the next one!

Goldie said...

I'm laughing out tears just picturing you and Duran in the back laughing at the sing-a-long crowd.