Monday, April 7, 2008
I'm here because I'm pregnant
In an attempt to find humor in life after today's disappointing visit to the doctor (yup, lots of strong contractions but not progress) I am thinking about things that have lately made me laugh. The top of the list was a recent trip to the OB's where a very young, chipper medical assistant was taking my vitals--she was being incredibly friendly for someone who had never met me before. Anyone who has seen me in the last month knows that I am HUGE! I would wager that I am bigger around than I am tall, but I refuse to verify that. Anyway, this very young, very chipper, girl, cheerfuly asks me, "Are you here to see us today because you are pregnant?" HMMMM..... I couldn't help it and I know it's incredibly rude, but I actually laughed out loud at her. "Yeah," was all I could spit out in my disbelief that she was actually serious. Of course, moments later, after the laughter was controlled, I thought of much better responses: "No, I swallowed an enormous melon," or "I'm just a little bloated." I hope I didn't hurt her feelings too much but it was ridiculous. Her only smiley response to me was, "Well, I always hate to assume these things." HMMMM...OB's office + Huge belly + C-section consultation scheduled on my chart = I'M HERE BECAUSE I'M PREGNANT.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment